Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Snowed In!

I can't get to work this morning because we are snowed in! There's about 9 inches of snow encasing my little Mazda 3, and our driveway is long! I have no idea what awaits me at the end of the driveway, where it meets the county road. The forecast is for a wintry mix after this snow falls. And I'm not prepared. Yes, I know the calendar says it's almost winter, and everyone my age should know by now to have snow brush and a pair of boots at the ready...but I don't. Can't find the brush - it's still packed away somewhere. I don't own a pair of boots. I have my favorite Merrill clogs that have seen me just fine through city winters, but now I'm living in the country and it's an entirely different snow experience. There's no landlord taking care of removing snow from the front steps. There's no clearing of parking spaces. No, we're on our own out here in Middle Grove, and while the scene from my living room window is breathtakingly beautiful, we are stuck! I'm hoping to get to work later today, but it's iffy.

Henry is very excited. His little L.L. Bean Flexible Flyer sled (made just for little ones with a cushioned red seat) is ready. He has a new snow suit and boots, and Oden the black lab has already been outside frolicking in the snow. We'll all be heading out to see what impact we can have on this massive first storm of the season. I have a feeling that mother nature has the upper hand!


No comments:

Post a Comment