Friday, December 31, 2010
Happy New Year 2011!
1. Drink more water. From what I've read, it truly is the elixer for a healthier life.
2. Make time for people I don't see often enough, and change that to see them, often enough. Especially my Aunt Jeanne (soon, I hope).
3. Read more. I don't have cable TV, but I still find it challenging to just sit and read (actually, I seem to have trouble sitting and relaxing!). I have a pile of good books just waitng for me!
4. Start swimming again, starting with just a couple of laps. Because (1) I love it and (2) I'm good at it. It's the only exercise where I truly get "in the zone" - have to watch out for hitting my head on the pool wall when I'm doing the back stroke! (I can solve so many problems when I'm swimming!)
5. Plan for good things or they'll never happen. I like the idea of a goal, whether it's for a trip to see my daughter or to buy new tires. Whatever it is, it feels good to set the goal and realize it.
6. Discover the world again, through Henry's eyes, and now Peter's. There's nothing as exciting as those early discoveries, and I feel so lucky to be able to share this time with my little grandsons!
7. Put down the buttercream and pick up a paint brush - healthier all the way around!
8. More beach time. Absolutely necessary.
9. Cook more and eat out less. Wisdom I heard the other day: eat "from the farm, not the factory."
10. Spend at least a few intentional minutes each day thinking positively. My father was a big fan of Norman Vincent Peale, who once said "Change your thoughts, change your world." Now, those are good words to launch a new year by!
And finally: a very sincere thank you to my readers. This December ADKBaker realized 2,169 visits, compared to just over 600 last December. I'm very grateful.
Happy New Year, everyone!
Photo Credit and an interesting story on the history of auld lang syne at: http://www.inquisitr.com/13891/auld-lang-syne-lyrics-and-history/