Friday, April 6, 2012

Easter Cookies

This post is short and sweet, much like the two little buddies who will be sharing the Easter cookies I'm baking this weekend (pictured with this post, the cookies I made last night for a friend).  The recipe is one I use all the time, from The Food Network's Alton Brown.  It's as simple as can be.  You mix up flour, baking powder, and salt.  Separately, you mix butter, sugar, an egg, a little bit of milk, and vanilla extract.  Mix it all together and let the dough hang out in the fridge for an hour or so.  It rolls out beautifully (I like to roll cut out cookies a little thick, about 3/8 of an inch), bake at 350 degrees F until they just begin to show a little color on the edges, cool, and decorate.  It's a lot of fun. The original recipe, from an earlier post, is linked here.  And I've also added a photo of the same cookies from Easter two years ago, when we gathered in Katie's kitchen to produce a basket-full of beautiful treats!

From Easter 2010 - so much fun to make!

These are a bit of work, but worth it.  If you're baking this weekend, have a great time.  I wish all of you a lovely spring weekend, whether  you honor Easter, Passover, or another meaningful springtime ritual.  Enjoy this time with your family and friends.

And speaking of family, here are Hank and Pete yesterday morning:  I stopped in before leaving for work, and they were enjoying breakfast in their "toy" room:

...so mesmerized by Curious George
that they didn't even notice me!



No comments:

Post a Comment