Friday, October 12, 2012

Wedding Tiers

These are the last photos of the wedding cake construction that I will share pre-wedding, since I want to be sure there's some "aha!" factor with the big reveal as Tricia and Jeff enter the reception.  What I can share with you is that the baking went very well, that both the pumpkin and dark chocolate layers came out nice and high and firm, and the frosting went on like a dream.  The cakes are on their platforms, supports are in place, and all the decorating is about to begin.

Still to do:  fondant work, the final touches before the cake is loaded in my car (in parts!) and assembled on site early Sunday afternoon (which, fingers crossed, looks like it might be rain-free!!!).  Sometime between delivery and assembly, I'll shed these layers of sugar coating and get gussied up as Mother-of-the-Bride.  The celebration begins tomorrow night with the rehearsal dinner at 5 p.m.  I better have all my ducks in a row by then!  Keep your fingers crossed that my vision for the cake can be translated into reality! : )

Here's what took shape today (please stop by Monday evening to see photos of the wedding AND the cake!)...

Chocolate/pumpkin layers with cinnamon buttercream....
fondant still to go!

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the finished product! Much love to Tricia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great already! Best wishes to Tricia and Jeff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much love goes into your baking!
    What a blessing to share that with so many people in your life.

    ReplyDelete