Thursday, July 21, 2011

Cool off with a Chocolate Italian Soda

When I went to Simpson Junior High School in Huntington (Long Island) New York, my friends and I used to walk downtown after school.  Sometimes we'd stop at a little burger/sandwich place and order an Italian soda.  I'd never heard of Italian soda, and was fascinated by the flavors of syrups available to make my own unique drink.  My personal favorite was vanilla.  This recipe, from about.com reminds me of that time and creates a "sparkling drink with a hint of chocolate and cream. Even with the heavy cream, this is a very refreshing recipe for the heat of summer."  Well, the "heat of the summer" is upon us, so get yourself some sparkling water,  and refresh!

 

Chocolate Italian Soda

  • 3 tbs chocolate syrup
  • 3 tbs heavy cream
  • Crushed ice
  • Club soda or other sparkling water 

    Preparation:

    Add syrup and cream to the bottom of a glass and mix well. Add crushed ice to nearly full, and then top off with club soda.

    Optional:  add a scoop of ice cream! (isn't that always an option?!)...



    Photo credit:   http://annmariekostyk.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Chocolate-Italian-Soda-with-a-Bie-of-Ice-Cream.bmp

    No comments:

    Post a Comment