Tuesday, August 21, 2012

A Week in Pictures

"No Regrets"
Without a laptop for the past 10 days while I was away, this blog's postings came to a screeching halt.  Still, photos were posted on facebook, proof that I was having a wonderful vacation with my sister Anne and her family, first at Emerald Isle, North Carolina, and later three days in Charleston where my nephew Will started classes (today!) at the College of Charleston.

After 18 hours in the car over Sunday and Monday, and then a full work day today, I have barely enough energy to write, so I'll post photos of the past week, and let the images tell the story.  How great is it that this blog serves as a journal of experiences?  All I have to do is look back, and the memories come alive. Here's hoping that this entry proves that to be true as well, when I come back in a month, a year, or five years from now to relive the incredible days that I was so fortunate to spend with my sister and her family.  Thank you Anne and John, for the privilege...

Here we go:



Beach House Photos

The house is named "No Regrets" and there were none!



Emerald Isle Beach Photos

The beach at Spinnaker's Reach, EI, NC



Who's hungry???

Grateful for the abundance...



Storms a brewin'


but just one night, and for just one hour...


Charleston, South Carolina

Charleston by day...


Charleston, again

...by night


College of Charleston

A great school for a great kid!!!  Go get 'em, William McGeehan Bishop!



The beach -- it cures what ails me!


15 comments:

  1. What lovely photos and memories, Jeannie!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, thank you - I so love EVERY photo on your blog, what a treat for the eyes (and the palate) your blog is. I love, love, love it!!! (ADK Baker readers - treat yourself to Carol's blog (linked above). You will NOT be sorry!

      Delete
  2. Pictures are worth a thousand words.....!! thanks for sharing
    CJune

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy - thank YOU, and it's time for you to plan that prize cake! I can do it any time now, so let me know! : )

      Delete
  3. Beautiful photos!!!!! Glad you had a wonderful time! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Colleen - and I've been loving what I'm seeing on your blog lately, too!

      Delete
  4. Jeannie - what beautiful photos and a great way to tell the story! Looks like you all had a wonderful time.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, it was so nice... Hope you had a great time at "home" too!

      Delete
  5. WOW, WOW, WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Beautiful pics from a beautiful "sista"!
    Lynnie

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pics are great, as always. You'll love them even more when you see them this winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true, Diane! I know that from past trips -- the photos later provide a wonderful escape from our cold and dark winters!

      Delete