Here's the way to get eggs worthy of a buffet platter of fancy deviled eggs, or just pretty enough to appreciate as a simple snack for yourself. The appreciation really kicks in as the shell glides off the egg!
PRETTY HARD-BOILED EGGS!
Follow these steps to easy-peeling hard-boiled eggs:
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil (no eggs yet!)
2. When the water boils, using a spoon, gently lower eggs, one at a time, into the pot.
3. Boil for 15 minutes.
4. At 15 minutes, take off heat and, using a slotted spoon, remove eggs and gently submerge into a bowl of ice water.
5. Once the eggs are chilled, crack shells all the way around by tapping on table. Start at a crack, and gently lift shell off egg. The rest of the shell will slide off with a little coaxing.
6. Rinse with cold water to remove any remnant shell.
|The big chill..|
makes for easy-peeling eggs!