Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Mini Chocolate Wedding Cake with Buttercream Frosting

Tonight, at a small Italian restaurant near Congress Park in Saratoga Springs, a lovely couple will be celebrating their marriage.  A mutual friend, Chris, asked if I would bake a mini wedding cake for the celebration.  I was very happy to do so.  This is a dark chocolate cake with buttercream frosting (the same chocolate cake recipe I always use, as well as my standard buttercream frosting) -- two 8" layers of cake, filled and frosted in snowy white-on-white.  I barely dusted the roses with edible silver glitter.  It's so fine it will only show up if the light hits it just right.  Here's to a happy marriage and long life together for the newlyweds!


Mini chocolate wedding cake with buttercream frosting

No comments:

Post a Comment