Thursday, September 6, 2012

Looking Forward and Looking Back

This is one of those days when I don't have much to write about, food-wise.  I did a little baking last night, I'll do a little more tonight (not for me, a carb-watcher these days!).   I do have Cindy's prize-winning cake for July to bake for Saturday -- I'll post about that this weekend.

It was a looonnnnggg productive day at work, and this Friday-eve finds me wanting to go to bed early to get to that weekend quicker!  But I know better than to wish/rush the days away too quickly.  Even though I work at a college and school is in session, it's not fall  yet.  This beautiful summer will be over soon enough, so even if it is a work day, it's good to slow down, enjoy the warmth and sunshine, and delay thoughts of cooler days ahead.

There is a lot to look forward to, though, as summer wanes and fall comes upon us.  This fall brings my daughter Tricia's wedding on October 14th.  She's marrying Jeff, and they have quite a celebration planned at Jimbo's Club on Brandt Lake.  It will be such a happy time for our families and their friends.  Meanwhile, Katie and I (and her bridesmaids) are getting ready for Tricia's bridal shower in about 10 days.  It's an exciting time for all of us.  Henry and Peter will be little groomsmen in the wedding. Can't wait to see them in their tuxedos!

So, as we move closer and closer to the cooler weather and all the festivities of the fall and early winter, every now and then I'll look back to this past summer and think of the all the fun times had with my little grandsons.  Here's a collage of recent shots that haven't made their way to this blog yet (I know, how'd that happen?!).  I try to not be too exploitive of my little guys, but it's hard when they are just so darn cute (grandmother's pride - if they weren't cute I'd never know it!) -- I want to share them with you, too!

Recent shots...
Happy Thursday evening, everyone.  I hope you have a great Friday that leads to a relaxing and enjoyable weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing you Sat. AM I love fall but hate the thoughts of cooler weather ....but as we all know change is good!
    C.June

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer slipped away far too quickly, but memories of special times with special boys will keep you warm long after the air has cooled.

    ReplyDelete