made by my son Jeffrey from a recipe
he found at inspiringpretty.com/2012/12/12/eggnog-fudge
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup eggnog (full-fat will make it creamier)
- 2 cups sugar
- 10-12 ounces chopped white chocolate (chips are fine)
- 7 ounces marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Line a 9x9 pan (or 8x8 depending on your desired thickness) with wax paper or foil. Set aside.
- Combine butter, eggnog, and sugar in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat stirring occasionally. Once boiling, reduce heat a bit. Using a candy thermometer, continue cooking until temperature reaches 234 degrees (soft ball stage). NOTE: I constantly stir with a wire whisk during this time, but this recipe does not call for that. Personal preference, and it does get hot!
- Remove from heat and stir in white chocolate. Continue stirring until chocolate is completely melted and blended in. Add in marshmallow creme, nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Spread into prepared pan. Sprinkle the top with a bit more nutmeg if desired.
- Let cool at room temperature completely before removingfrom pan and cutting into squares.
- Store at room temperature for up to a week or in refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.