Saturday, December 28, 2013

A Perfect Gift from Katie and The Beekman Brothers!

I love cookbooks. Read them like novels at night before I fall asleep. I especially love and appreciate reading about handed-down recipes that carry on tradition. So, you can imagine my happiness at receiving an autographed copy of The Beekman 1802 Heirloom Dessert Cookbook: 100 Delicious Heritage Recipes from the Farm and Garden. It is my Christmas gift from Katie and Bill. This year, they decided to do all their Christmas shopping at the new Northshire Bookstore in downtown Saratoga Springs, and chose books geared to each recipient's particular interests. They hit the nail on the head with this one. It is a visually beautiful cookbook, with stunning photographs, personal commentaries, relevant quotes, and histories of traditional recipes. I SO love it!

The chapters of this beautiful recipe book are divided by seasons, starting with Winter. Some of the recipes in the Winter chapter are:  marble pound cake, gingerbread cookie ice cream sandwiches, snow cream with sweetened condensed milk, chocolate espresso soup with marshmallows, salty nougat fudge brownies, malted milk chocolate cake, and many more!

I'll be bringing you samples from this cookbook very soon. For now, here's a photo of this beautiful cookbook. It makes me happy!



This is one of my favorite things!
Thanks so much, Katie and Bill!

6 comments:

  1. I too love cookbooks but you put them to much better use than I possibly could! LOL Lynnie E

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect gift! I adore cookbooks too :) Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a fun gift!! I need to pick this one up soon. Love the Beekman Boys!!

    KK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great cookbook to sit with and read, and soon I'll find out how great the recipes are, as well!

      Delete