Sunday, January 24, 2010

Mocha Mudslides Milkshake Cocktails (or mocktails)


I was looking through the Cooking Light Complete Cookbook that my friend Kristin so generously gave me last year (!) to find something a little less calorie-laden to offer you today.  Looking at cookbooks when you're hungry can be dangerous (though not as dangerous as grocery shopping when you're hungry). All I've had so far today is an egg sandwich, and I'm thinking "What would I go for right now?"  It's mid-afternoon as I write this, and I'm finding myself craving a good cold beverage with a little bit of oomph.  I found this Mocha Mudslide recipe right there on page 106.  It does contain alcohol in the form of Kahlua, so if you don't want to imbibe, substitute cold coffee for the liqueur. 




Mocha Mudslides

2 cups low-fat chocolate ice cream, softened
1/2 cup 1% low-fat chocolate milk
1/4 cup Kahlua (coffee flavored liqueur) (or cold coffee for alcohol-free)
1 tablespoon grated semi-sweet or bitter-sweet chocolate (about 1/2 ounce)
1/2 tsp. instant coffee granules
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.  Stir with a wire whisk just until blended.  Serve immediately.  Makes four 1/2-cup servings or two once-cup servings.



Photo credit: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3159/2681296990_3f7fea18a6_m.jpg

1 comment:

  1. This looks delicious! I love that it's a Cooking Light recipe...that means a tad less guilt while enjoying it... :)

    ReplyDelete