Saturday, December 3, 2011

Mrs. London's, Saratoga Springs, New York

Today my friend Liz called to see if I'd like to join her and our friend Mary at Mrs. London's in Saratoga Springs.  When she called, Henry and I were on our way to Target in search of special new sneakers.  I told Liz that if she didn't mind my bringing a 3-year-old along, we'd love to join her.  She said, "You're talking to two Grandmas here."  Liz has two grandsons, just a bit younger than Henry and Pete, and Mary has a bunch of grandchildren, so  Henry was more than welcome.  Once Henry settled on the Spider Man sneakers (that light up with each step!) and we paid for them, we were on our way to Broadway and Mrs. London's to meet my good friends..

I ordered tomato cheddar soup and half a chicken salad sandwich on Rock Hill Farm farm bread (the very best bread I've ever had).  Both were outstanding.  I'm going to figure out how to make that soup and blog about it, soon!  Meanwhile, here are a few photos of our time at Mrs. London's today.  It was a lot of fun, and I'm very glad that Liz called!

Chicken salad sandwich on Rock Hill Farm bread, and tomato cheddar soup!
Henry and the disappearing gingerbread boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment