Saturday, June 30, 2012

Rounding Out June 2012 and Lemon Scones

There's less than an hour left to June 2012, and I am looking forward to July.  One week from today, my  nephew Jack marries his love, Kristin, and I can't wait to be there to witness their marriage.  In less than four months, my daughter Tricia will marry her fiance Jeff, and it's so exciting to realize that these happy celebrations are almost upon us.  What seemed to be far in the future is suddenly here!  There is so much eventful life happening in our families these days, with the birth of three great-nephews in the last three weeks (Drew Ryan Britten, Breccan Robert Eddy, and Daniel Gordon Eddy) and now the marriages of my nephew and later this year, my daughter.

With the demands of work life and after-work life, sometimes I don't take time to smell the roses.  Days begin and proceed and end with barely a moment for reflection.  Over the next few months, I will be sure to stop and be conscious of all that is around me, all that is taking place in a specific moment in time, and reflect on those things that matter most:  family, friends, and time spent together.

When I'm taking my final breaths, I'm sure I won't be patting myself on the back for all those extra hours I stayed at the office.  I hope, if I can't remember anything, that my grandsons will be reading these blog posts back to me and once again sharing all the precious moments that really mattered.  That's what I hope to capture here now and then, not just recipes but moments worth remembering.

Happy July everyone!  To greet the month, here's a collage of tonight's baking project: lemon-filled scones.  I posted the recipe back in March, so this is nothing new, but I made them tonight, they're pretty, and they deserve one evening's spotlight!

Lemon-filled Scones!

6 comments:

  1. awesome have to try them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have made them and they are soooo good....!!!! C June

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is it about lemon that just makes everything better?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. click on the link.
    I was wondering, would you like to write a guest post for my food blog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds great! Let me know how to go about it. Thanks!

      Delete
  5. Ok, I have NEVER had a scone before....I know how could I have gone 45 years without one! This lemon filled scones look fantastic...just might have to try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete