Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Tangy Tomato Salad Dressing

My sister Ginny and I love Outback's Tangy Tomato salad dressing.  I've searched on-line and have found, at cdkitchen.com, something said to be very similar to our favorite.  Outback's version is like a spicy Catalina.  It has that nice, tomato-y base, a sweet side, but also packs a little heat.  Every time I order a salad at Outback, I make sure to order the Tangy Tomato dressing, with no regrets.  Now I can make it at home.  Just love it.


Tangy Tomato Dressing

Ingredients:


2/3 cup ketchup
1/3 cup water
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup white vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/8 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon coarse black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1 pinch thyme
1 dash salt
Directions:

Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, whisking often, then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Cover the dressing until cool, then refrigerate it until well chilled.

Photo credit: http://www.lifepal.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/tomato1.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Hi Have you tried this? I want the real thing and I am not in a position to have a throw away dish. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete