Monday, March 1, 2010

Growth Pains - Warning: It May Be TMI!

I have a doctor's appointment today.  It's for a strange little skin protrusion that suddenly appeared on my side a couple of weeks ago, just above my waist.  I woke up one morning after an especially energetic exercise class the previous evening.  I went to bed that night and it wasn't there. I woke up the next morning, and it was.  I thought, what the heck is this?  It looks like a doorbell!  Not to get too, too personal or descriptive, let's just say my friend Mary saw it and said "Whoa, you should give that thing a name!"  Well, maybe it's not that little, and maybe it is pretty ugly. So I went to my GP and he said "That has to come off!"

This dermatological stow-away reminds me of those rubber dolls we had as kids, the kind that, when you pushed in the nose, the eyes popped out or you pushed in the eyes and the ears puffed up.  It's like that.  Either way, sometime around 3:00 today this little appendage and I will be separated for good.  I'll get a shot of Novocaine (I expect) and there will be stitches.  I'm not really looking forward to this experience, but I will be glad when this unwelcome visitor is no longer hitching a ride. 

OK - I've exceeded even my own boundaries in sharing this bit of personal information with you.  Forgive me.

Photo credit: http://davepear.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/bandaid.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment