Not in honor of, rather in defiance of the mud, I give you here a recipe for Mud Pie. It's the only way I ever want to deal with mud again! Now let's hope for some mild days and warm winds to dry this tundra out!!!
very loosely based on the Food Network's Version
Spring form pan - 9 or 10"
- 2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs (crushed Oreos or chocolate wafer cookies)
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 gallon coffee ice cream, softened for about 1/2 hour
- hot fudge sauce
- Whipped cream (1/2 pt. heavy cream beaten with 2 tbs. confectioners sugar and 1/2 tsp. vanilla until medium/stiff peaks form).
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or shaved chocolate
Pack softened coffee ice cream over crust in spring form pan. Return to freezer for four hours.
Spread warm (not hot) hot fudge sauce over frozen coffee ice cream. Return to freezer for an hour.
Spread or pipe whipped cream over top of fudge. sprinkle with chocolate. Return to freezer and freeze firm.
To serve: remove from freezer 15 minutes before serving. Slice with knife dipped in hot water.
Photo image: http://img.foodnetwork.com/FOOD/2003/12/01/ad1b05_mud_pie_lg.jpg